i did this post for "how does she" last friday and it's gotten lots of good response. so, just in cased you missed it, here it is :)
p.s. it works great for ALL types of hair!
1. Dampen your hair with a spray bottle or let it semi air dry after washing it.
As you can tell, I have a lot of wave to my hair, but this works for all hair types!
2. Part your hair into four sections. They don’t have to be sectioned perfectly. Tie them off to keep them separated from each other. Spray each section lightly with hair spray.
3. Start twisting your hair in the direction you want your curl to be. I twisted mine away from my face. Keep twisting until it tightens to the point it starts to coil on its own.
4. Coil it into a tight bun and then use bobby pins to keep it in place.
5. Blow your hair until it’s dry. The longer you dry it, the tighter your curl will be.
6. Undo the bobby pins and take your buns out of their coil.
7. Separate your curls using your fingers and then scrunch to add some body.
8. You’re finished! Lightly spray with hair spray then you’re good to go!
Something to keep in mind is, obviously, the wetter your hair is to begin with, the longer it takes to dry. The longer you dry the “buns” the tighter the curls will be. This is great for a nice tight curl look! If you have shorter hair, it works better to use more sections. If you have curly/wavy hair, it works best to make your “buns” as tight as possible and dry them for a little longer.
Give it a try! It’s quick and easy! For a girl who regularly spends over an hour to curl her hair, this is a nice time saver!
Do you have any tips on how this will work on your hair type?